Robert Floyd Gallery and Learning Center
I am indebted and in awe of derek allard and his Tunnel 7 team. They are the most user-friendly professionals I have ever encountered. Their professionalism and website design savvy are over the top…and then some. Teamwork. -Robert Floyd, Owner
The Gallery needed a website with a more modern, imagery-rich look and feel that did a better job of showcasing the Gallery’s exhibits. The new website also needed to provide clear paths of engagement for users - the old site had been challenging to navigate and made it difficult to see all that the Gallery offered.
- Used Tunnel 7's core Expression Engine build to make the client's life simpler from a content entry standpoint
- Built a new content model and navigation scheme from the ground up to create clearer paths of engagement for website users
- Built an optional registration form into every event, as well as a general contact form to encourage artists and other website users to make contact directly / exhibit their work
- Built a mailing list signup as client does a lot with email marketing
- Created new typography and color scheme that was based closely on the black and white design of the logo and utilized one strong accent color for action items
- Programmed event logic to automatically archive past events
- Migrated site to a new domain name and handled all email migration tasks
- Set client up with MailChimp to greatly simplify his email marketing
- Conducted trainings on using the CMS, writing for the web and email marketing
- Completed Google Analytics integration to track everything going forward
In the first month alone, website traffic has gone from virtually none to 1,100 website sessions and mailing list signups, as well as registration and contact form completions are on the rise. More than 20 have been submitted during this time.