Pioneer Valley Books
"Derek is a rare talent. He brought a fresh design eye, respect for content & process, knowledge of analytics & a depth of developer experience to our team. He asked the right questions & made us think about our goals. I can't wait to work with him again." -Kristen Beam, Former Project Manager & Content Producer, Pioneer Valley Books
A national leader in educational books for children, Pioneer Valley Books was well known among teachers, but less so among parents. They wanted to clearly convey their brand to this new demographic and ultimately, to sell books to this new audience.
- Designed site from the ground up. Pioneer Valley Books' (PVB) team was involved every step of the way.
- Built site using the industry-leading Magento ecommerce platform.
- Project involved a highly successful collaboration with Knectar, a Magento expert firm.
- Worked with team to create a strategy and design that would appeal to the target audience.
- Developed well thought out user interface features, including an innovative book finder tool.
- Built matching email template to unify email marketing messages.
I Love to Read, PVB's site specifically for parents, went live in mid-May. While sales data isn't yet available, the initial response to the site has been pretty dang positive.