Jake Lilley Architects
To create an imagery-rich website that highlights the client's award-winning architectural work.
- Used Tunnel 7's custom configuration of ExpressionEngine which allows the client to easily maintain the website themselves: adding projects, uploading images and editing text, all in a few simple clicks.
- Developed a unique multi-view image slider that performs well on mobile, as well as desktop. This required getting very precise with image sizing and working with the client to maintain flexibility, as not all photos are the same width.
- Worked closely with the client's in-house design team throughout the project.
- Programmed website with a focus on SEO.
- Redirects were also put in place to protect SEO value.
- The structure of the website is designed to grow. For example, a new blog section was created which displays project infomation in a way that doesn't take away from the images themselves.
A website with large-impactful portfolio images that better showcases the client's work, performs well on mobile and desktop, and is already producing results. In the first two weeks after going live, pageviews were up 37%, the website's bounce rate had dropped nearly 11%, and average session duration had increased by more than 1 minute.