Integrated Telecommunication Systems
“Derek not only created a beautiful website for us but also provided us with easy to use authoring tools which allows us to easily control our content. We highly recommend his services.” -Todd Brauer, Senior Systems Engineer, Integrated Telecommunication Systems
Integrated Telecommunication Systems (ITS) had an out-of-date site that wasn’t mobile friendly and required them to deal with HTML code any time they needed to make site updates.
They wanted a website with a new look and feel that was easy to update, spoke more directly to their primary audience of engineers and that generated new business.
- Re-architected the site from scratch and applied a content model to Expression Engine that allows client to easily add and manage website content without having to touch HTML code.
- Provided guidance on web writing so that website content speaks more directly to ITS's clients.
- Focused on ITS's high-level certifications to lend credibility.
- Highlighted testimonials from customers to help tell the story of their expertise.
- Focused calls to action on what makes ITS stand out from their competitors: their experience and ability to solve hard problems.
- Added alert messages to the top of the website to promote training events that are a big part of ITS's business.
- Built a custom event registration form.
- Added a mailing list signup to build their existing mailing list.
- Created a new FAQ section - this was important because a lot of ITS's work is technical and they get asked the same questions many times. Now users can get answers directly from the website or staff can simply send links to questions they receive via email which saves time.
- Added a news feature so they can actively get the word out about the work they're doing.
- Created 301 redirects at go live to ensure that search engine rank wasn't lost and users would seamlessly be redirected to the new page URL.
A modern, mobile-friendly site that's super easy to update, speaks more directly to their target audience and is already showing results in terms of conversions.