Finck & Perras Insurance Agency
"Over the last few months Derek & Tunnel 7 worked with us to create a new website. Derek really made us think & do our homework in building the new site & we appreciate his help. We are very happy we went with Tunnel 7 & would highly recommend them." -Patrick Brough, Sales & Marketing
Finck & Perras Insurange Agency needed a new website with a modern look and feel that would create a more user-friendly customer experience and do a better job of highlighting their great reputation in the community. It was essential that the site be ease to update, thus avoiding the editing bottleneck that had existed on their old site.
We created a simplified navigation on the new website with clear calls to action that highlight Finck & Perras’ success stories and make it easy for potential customers to find information about their services. Users can easily request a quote, ask a question and even get help filing after-hours claims through the site. New imagery was also added, with a focus on local scenes in the Pioneer Valley.
We also worked together to define specific content types that emphasize Finck & Perras’ community involvement and highlight the many ways that they go above and beyond for their customers. They now have the ability to add new content (for example, blog posts and case studies) and are able to use the results of keyword research done in conjunction with the project to target specific terms with the new content.
People are central at Finck & Perras and we enhanced the staff bios on the website to highlight the human side of the business. New staff photos were added and each staff person now has their own webpage which helps customers find specific agents.
On the ExpressionEngine front, we used several tried and true tools to make the client's life easier:
- Structure for navigation
- WYGWAM for text editing
- CE Image for uploading images
- Freeform for the site’s contact forms
A few other things we did:
- Content writing - Tunnel 7 completed content writng for the site, with a focus on the benefits to customers.
- SSL - the entire website was put under SSL to secure any data that users submit. This also benefits search results, which was a concern of the client's.
- Google Analytics - we installed Google Analytics and set up goals so we can specifically monitor how the site is performing for the key goals that were defined in the redesign process. We also set Analytics up to track demographics and links smartly.
- Forms - we migrated old Perl-based forms onto the new site to accommodate older users who are more familiar with and still use those forms.
The new Finck & Perras site has a fresh look and feel that speaks more directly to users and gives the Finck & Perras team more flexibility to update and change site content as needed. And the new site is already starting to generate business leads!